Healthy Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries

At the ripe age of 3, my daughter has decided she “doesn’t like fruit.” Her disdain knows no bounds, and she is quick to tell me won’t like any kind, despite having never tasted it before. It gives me flashbacks to my college roommate, who incredulously at the age of 21, still turned her nose up atContinue Reading..

At the ripe age of 3, my daughter has decided she “doesn’t like fruit.” Her disdain knows no bounds, and she is quick to tell me won’t like any kind, despite having never tasted it before. It gives me flashbacks to my college roommate, who incredulously at the age of 21, still turned her nose up atContinue Reading...

Ingredients

  • Blueberries
  • Greek Yogurt (and flavor you like!)
  • Parchment or Wax Paper
  • Cookie Sheet
  • Toothpicks

Instructions

Start by washing blueberries in a strainer and removing any stems.

Scoop your yogurt into a bowl and lay out parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Then take a toothpick, harpoon a blueberry and dip into the yogurt. I highly suggest sticking with greek yogurt because it is thicker. Regular yogurt tends to get really watery and runny over time, and greek will stand the test of time and give your blueberries better coverage.

After about 25 blueberries, I found that the “swirl” method worked the best in fully coating the blueberries. I had tried to just dip it, but it wasn’t coating it nearly enough. Swirl, swirl, swirl!

Then gaze upon your pretty blueberry and begin laying out your berries on the parchment-covered cookie sheet.

As you can see, these aren’t the most gorgeous looking covered blueberries, but my toddler isn’t going to care. If she’ll just eat them, I’ll be happy. If you want, you can take your time and make them purdy. As it was, this took me about 15-20 minutes and I still only dipped about 1/2 of the blueberries because I had to use a smaller cookie sheet to fit in my super tiny freezer. Once your cookie sheet is full, pop in the freezer for at least an hour to firm up.

Once frozen, remove from the freezer and taste a few. You want to make sure they are safe, right? Dump into a bowl for immediate consumption or put in a freezer safe container and keep frozen until ready to eat.





Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here