Gluten-Free Rice Crispy Treats

Karina's Gluten-Free Rice Crispy Treats recipe uses almond butter.



Old School Rice Crispy Treat Goodness. Sorta. These are not only gluten-free, but egg-free and dairy-free. Almond butter is my secret ingredient.

From the archives- and old school favorite- updated.

Gloomy, rainy Sundays seem to stir up all kinds of sneaky devils and hungry ghosts in the guise of food nostalgia. I dreamed up my post about Zucchini Gratin on a Sunday, stirring up a bread crumbed casserole of desire fraught with secret emotions and sticky attachments. Food as familial comfort. 

Food evoking a warm embrace. 


Food as a way to connect our twenty-one grams of soul to this earth. The ground of being.


And I think I know why I'm tip toeing in the garden of nostalgia lately.


The world seems bent on disruption and displacement. Technology has forever altered the Old School way of doing business, looking up recipes, sharing a joke, researching a project, assembling an automobile, heating a home, influencing an audience, pitching to consumers, gathering the latest news. 


The Genie is out of the bottle. And new rules apply.


But there are a few things that I stick by. In my sixth decade I still side with Hope. And Progress. And Equal Love, Equal Pay, freedom of speech. I see all my fellow humans as co-travelers on this short ride of Life. My Sisters, and Brothers. 


We're all in this together.


And so I offer treats. Old school style. Dated, maybe. But tasty? Yep.




READ MORE: GET THE RECIPE »

from ❦ Family Fresh Meals ❦ https://ift.tt/2BU0uF6
via IFTTT

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here